"The travel itinerary afforded little time for reflection, but ample time for in depth discussion. Seeing how excellent results can be achieved utilizing tactics previously unfamiliar to me, and reasoning through the clinical decisions made with someone from a completely different background, made for a brilliant experience. I learned many helpful techniques, gained multiple gracious colleagues, and left the United Kingdom motivated to continue learning. I would encourage anyone interested in expanding their knowledge of hip arthroplasty to apply."
Brian C. Fuller, MD, 2019 Hip Society-British Hip Society Traveling Fellow
Applications are now being accepted for this program. Deadline to apply is May 15, 2022, 11:59 PM CDT.
The Hip Society is proud to partner with the British Hip Society to provide an exceptional exchange opportunity to two outstanding candidates from the United States and/or Canada. Successful candidates will travel throughout the United Kingdom for a period of three-four weeks and will be hosted by world-renowned experts in adult hip reconstruction. The program will include opportunities for scientific exchange, OR observations, close interaction with faculty, as well as social and cultural events.
- The program is open to board-certified or board-eligible practicing orthopaedic surgeons, permanently based in the United States or Canada.
- Applicants must be hip fellowship-trained orthopaedists within one (1) to five (5) years of completing fellowship.
- Applicants must be able to take 3-4 weeks away from home and practice in August-September.
- Applicants must be committed to the practice of hip surgery.
- Applicants must demonstrate documented interest in advancing hip surgery via publications, presentations, research.
- Former HS-BHS Traveling Fellows are INELIGIBLE to reapply.
Before you begin your application, have the following items ready:
- Your updated CV
- Your most recent headshot (in digital format)
- The details of your education, training, employment, etc.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- A well-written personal statement
Want to learn more about the program? Read "What's Hip in the UK" travel blog.